Jewish Care (Victoria) operates across nine locations in Victoria with a number of care programs, each delivering a range of services to the Jewish community within the state.
In 1848, the foundations of Jewish Care originated with the establishment of the Melbourne Jewish Philanthropic Society to provide assistance to those in need. The entire Jewish population of Victoria numbered only 200. Jewish Care continues to touch more than 15,000 lives each year, helping individuals and families in the Victorian Jewish community receive the support they need to meet their challenges.
With the new government legislation reforms including CDC and NDIS generating more administration work in the Aged and Community Care sectors, providers are looking for ways to reduce the workload and associated costs.
- Manual and paper based data entry
- The rostering and scheduling activities were managed manually, and therefore information was not transparent
- Difficulty in monitoring fees and subsidies provided by the government
When Jewish Care (Victoria) began looking for a solution to address these challenges, they wanted a solution that offered a fully integrated, end-to-end solution and a team that was enabled to support the implementation from day one.
For Jewish Care (Victoria), the solution that ticked all the boxes was Procura Community Care software. Approximately 90% of all Jewish Care (Victoria) requirements are met by Procura’s ‘out of the box’ functionality. The Procura solution has the flexibility to be configured to align with Jewish Care’s operations.
Along with Procura Community Care, Jewish Care (Victoria) also implemented Procura Workforce Mobility to support the field staff and Procura Client and Family Portal, providing client access to their budget and schedules.
For Jewish Care
- Centralised rostering functionality
- Standardisation of processes
- Single source of truth – data entered once and re-used in downstream processing and forms
- Access to financial and clinical record, anytime and anywhere
- A mobile solution providing access to real time data, enabling better informed decision making
- Improved productivity and enhanced user experience while accurately recording and maintaining client information
- A web portal enabling clients to request changes to scheduling of services
- Standardisation of client statements — clients are better informed
Increased visibility and efficiency while reducing associated costs
As a result of using the Procura software suite, Jewish Care (Victoria) was able to reduce costs on contract labour while increasing visibility of staff availability with accurate timesheets, avoiding duplicated rosters and streamlined work processes. The integrated solution greatly reduced documentation burden and administrative workload, allowing care staff to focus on optimising care provisions and client outcomes.