The recent ACSA National Summit (Melbourne 7-9th October, 2019) and LASA National Congress (Adelaide 27-29th Oct) provided dynamic forums for participants of the Aged Care industry to meet, network and collaborate, sharing in thought-provoking discussions of industry issues and drivers. Participants were challenged to question assumptions, be openminded to new perceptions and concepts of processes and explore strategies to thrive in the current disruptive market.
Aged Care is the fastest growing industry sector in Australia and one of the most highly regulated. With the pace of industry growth and change accelerating as our population ages, reforms with resulting changes to Government policies and legislation are inevitable with more anticipated to result from the findings of the current Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety.
The merging of four sets of standards into one single Aged Care Quality Framework legislation consisting of eight Standards applying to all aged care services from July 1st, 2019 is a recent example.
Some of the industry issues in the spotlight and under analysis were:
- Increasing client expectations.
- Greater market competition with industry expansion.
- increasing convergence of Home Care with Retirement sector.
- Continued consolidation of the market through mergers and acquisitions.
- Anticipated changes and reforms arising from the Royal Commission.
- Promotion of care, dignity and respect for the elderly, changing social ageism attitudes.
- Workforce Planning & Development.
- Skilled staff shortages.
- Rising labour costs.
- Shifting further to person-centred care.
- Capacity to attract funding.
- Maximising all funding opportunities.
- Clinical Governance
- Going beyond compliance and delivering continuous quality improvement.
- Safeguarding Medication Management.
- New Technology Innovations improving client outcomes
Opportunities in Innovative Technologies meet current & future Aged Care Industry Challenges
Improving clients’ quality of care and meeting their changing expectations, together with strengthening competitive advantage and creating a point of difference, all starts with choosing innovative technologies and the right partner. Choosing a partner who understands the industry and has the insights you need is critical to achieving high quality service and ensuring your operations meet current and future complexities. Procura continues to demonstrate its experience and leadership in delivering innovative, differentiated and robust systems for long-term sustainability.
With Procura’s next generation solutions, providers can:
- Achieve best practice workforce management with 360-degree pivot view scheduling.
- Improve consumer satisfaction of service delivery with real-time access to relevant care plans.
- Gain efficiencies, and benefit from a more connected workforce.
- Manage multiple funding sources.
- Achieve a holistic view of operations and meet reporting requirements.
Procura leads the way in new advances in client management software.
Procura understands the value new integrated technologies can bring to your organisation and has an excellent exclusive eco-partner network that offers additional functionality. Electronic Medication Management powered by Medi-Map provides a turnkey solution to connect– nursing, pharmacy and prescribers with electronic charting of medication, administration, audit and reporting, while Procura Wound Care Management, powered by Pixalere, delivers new insights for Providers, enables best practice wound care and empowers clinicians and administrators to significantly improve both patient outcomes and operational efficiencies. Procura Pain Management solution, powered by PainChek, furnishes carers with the means to identify the presence of pain, quantify the severity of pain, and monitor the effectiveness of pain management.
Discover new opportunities with Procura’s next generation software for Aged, Community, and Disability Care Services. Procura’s delivery team consists of experienced implementation consultants that are well across the legislative and industry requirements and offers a tailored service to customers with data migration assistance and guidance with change management.
As we grow and continue the journey organisations need to take towards driving better client care, Procura is your partner of choice, demonstrating how technology can drive efficiency, increasing profits, improving understanding of business needs and the environment in which they operate and leading to improved client care with more effective and flexible service provision.
Do you want to know more about tools that can help you effectively manage your organisation? Procura Clinical Care Software Solution can help you.
Call us on T: +61 1300 684 479 to discuss your needs today and/or request a demonstration.